A blocked or over-active heart chakra can wreak havoc on our love lives. When our heart chakra is not balanced, we may close ourselves off from love, or do the opposite — become too needy in our personal relationships. Our goal should be to give and receive love freely so that we can enjoy healthy relationships, while maintaining boundaries that are crucial to our own personal development.
If you look around you and your relationships are not what you would want them to be, chances are your heart chakra isn’t functioning the way you would like it to be functioning. The good news is that there are steps we can take to bring our heart chakras back into balance.
1. Practice yoga. A camel pose in this case is the most effective one. Normally, a blocked heart chakra means a blocked throat chakra. A camel pose will balance both of them. Focus more on elongating your lower back as you stretch and open in your upper back. When you completely let go, you will feel your heart center lift itself and strengthened during the pose.
2. Forgive. Being unable to let go of past hurts, grief, anger, regret and other negative feelings is a major cause of a lot of blockage in this chakra. So, forgive. Remember, forgiveness is more about you than the other person. When you refuse to forgive, your heart chakra suffers — and so do your future relationships.
3. Turn to music. Music has always made the world go round and it’s because it speaks to the human spirit. Benefits of listening to music can be heightened when you incorporate it with other solutions. You can also build a positive outlook on life by listening to upbeat and joyous music. Pay attention, however, to the feelings that are evoked when you listen to music. You want music that makes you feel good and that makes you want to give and receive love.
4. Work with the chakra’s color. Every chakra is associated with a particular color. The heart chakra is associated with the color green. To work with the heart chakra, you can also add some more green clothing to your wardrobe and decorate with green. You can also add plants into your work space.
5. Meditate. Meditation can also bring healing to the fourth chakra. It normally helps you restore the proper energy flow through that region of the body. It is important to understand that meditation is a deeply personal experience, so everyone should find out what works best for them.
Learn more about chakra healing through Chakra Healing Secrets, an ebook and course that will walk you through the steps of bringing your chakras into alignment.